Learn how to play Summertime Blues on guitar and you will master a true classic rock track. The song was written by Eddie Cochran in the late 50’s, and then covered by Blue Cheer, the Who, Rush and many others in the decades thereafter. So once you know how to play Summertime Blues on guitar you’ll be ready to jam with everyone from rockabilly bands to classic 70’s rockers.
How To Play the Eddie Cochran Rockabilly Version
- Grab the guitar TAB (w/chords and lyrics).
- Listen to the original Eddie Cochran version in the video below, or Brian Setzer’s version (big hair and all).
- Watch a video to learn how to play the guitar or bass part.
NOTE: The guitar video concentrates on the solo, which uses hammer ons, and other techniques as seen in eMedia Intermediate Guitar Method and eMedia Interactive Rock Guitar. However, the rhythm part primarily uses easy chords that any beginner can play!
HINT: Open the TABs/chords in a separate window in your browser from the videos so you can see them both!
How To Play The Who “Live at Leeds” Classic Rock Version
- Grab a TAB with chords and lyrics for the guitar or bass part.
- Listen to the original track.
- Watch the video for the bass or guitar part (with solo).
Learn More Great Guitar Songs!
Check out eMedia Masters of Rock Guitar to learn how to play 14 great guitar songs, including hits like Oye Como Va, That’ll Be The Day, and others. eMedia’s Animated Fretboard lets you see guitar techniques that are hard to see on standard guitar videos and eMedia’s Performance Evaluation technology listens to your playing and lets you see any notes played incorrectly during your performance. Or if you are interested in learning how to play classic blues guitar songs, be sure to see eMedia Masters of Blues Guitar.
Click the product links to receive a 17% discount!